Friday, March 23, 2018

Celebrate: Friends


Sorry that my post went up late today. With all the problems in my life right now, I consider it a minor miracle if I remember to post at all. (Or if I remember how to access Blogger in the first place...)

In the middle of the difficulties in my life atm, two people are always by my side, ready and willing to help in any way they can: Lucy and Alaa. They got a lawyer to take me to a government office so I could register my husband's death, they went with me to my bank so I could work out some difficulties (cancel cards, get new cards), they call every day to see if I need anything, and if I do, they immediately schedule a time when they can come pick me up and take me where I need to go. I truly don't know how I'd manage without them. Their kindness and loyalty will remain in my heart forever.

Friends are the BEST!!

My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog

Celebrate The Small Things Linky:



Grab the Linky html-code here:


** To see who’s posted for the hop look at my Celebrate The Small Things Blog Roll, left sidebar bottom **


 Celebrate the Small ThingsTo be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week.  It can be about writing or family or school or general life.  This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)



17 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

Agreed. Friends are so important. You are lucky to have two such wonderful people in your life. I am pretty impressed that you are still blogging with all that is going on. Late is still impressive.

L.G. Keltner said...

Friends are so important at a time like this! I'm so glad to hear you have people you can count on looking out for you right now.

PlanetKimberly said...

You are blessed to have such good friends! That's great!

Take care and have a good weekend!

messymimi said...

It's great to know you have friends who are standing with you at this difficult time.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's wonderful to hear you have friends there who can help you!

Natalie Aguirre said...

So glad to hear that you have friends to help you out. Losing a spouse can be such a heartbreaking, lonely time. I'm glad that they are there for you.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am so glad that you have these people in your life, Lexa. Good friends are a treasure.

Sue Bursztynski said...

Friends are a treasure beyond price!

Cynthia said...

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, Lexa. I am relieved to hear you have friends to offer comfort during these times. Please take care.

JeffO said...

I'm glad you have those two very special people to help you through this time, Lexa.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I'm glad to hear you've got friends to help you through this. Take care of yourself x

J.H. Moncrieff said...

What wonderful friends. I’m so happy you have that kind of unconditional support.

Kate Larkindale said...

I'm so pleased to hear you have good people around you and that they are able to support you at such a difficult time. Good friends are a treasure and need to be treated as such.

mshatch said...

I am so glad you have kind friends in your life!

cleemckenzie said...

Without our friends during these crisis, we'd be in very deep trouble, indeed. Glad you have help and hope all will work out for you. I'm sincerely sorry and keep sending good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

That's good they're helping you out whenever you need it.

Glad to hear you got a lawyer for your late husband. They are very useful for dealing with the estate. I have a really nice one for my brother's estate and she explains everything really well. It's just a lot of waiting for everyone else to get their crap together.

Also, make sure whoever is in charge of the estate gets paid to do it. My lawyer said the executor of the estate should get between 5-10% fee of the estate amount. Otherwise, it goes to the companies he owed money to and he'd probably rather you have that money instead of them. (Although, I'm sure you're like me and would rather just have him back instead of any money.)

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

I'm so thankful you have loving friends. They are priceless. Take care of yourself. Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...